Thursday, January 7, 2016

Yerington People: Leanna Ogle-National Poetry Month: Yerington & Nevada Poetry

Yerington People: Leanna Ogle-National Poetry Month: Yerington & Nevada Poetry

 
 
Since it's poetry month I thought I'd send you this. I can't rhyme my way out of a paper bag, so it is "free verse" This is me at a week old and my Dad, Elmo Giorgi
Daddy, Daddy Holding Baby Me 
by Leanna M. Ogle
Daddy what do you see?
A Daughter; a precious gift from above.
Daddy what will I be?
Sweet Girl, be anything you love.
Daddy what is the future to me?
Child, do not fret, the future is not here yet.
Daddy will you kiss a skinned knee?
Yes, Sad Little One, here’s a kiss for you to heal.
Daddy, can you help me climb a tree?
Heart’s Desire, I would lift you as high as to the moon.
Daddy, can you come to my party and have some tea?
My Blessing, such a celebration would be an honor to see.
Daddy, will you let me run so free?
Daughter of Mine, I wish to say no; but you’ll still go.
Daughter, daughter what do you see?
My Loving Daddy holding me.
Dedicated to Elmo Giorgi, my daddy in heaven, who waits for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...