Thursday, January 7, 2016

Yerington Monday: Clara M Barnett & Lyon Health Center

Yerington Monday: Clara M Barnett & Lyon Health Center

When my mother first came to the Yerington Hospital, she worked as both an RN and as an administrator.


My mother, Clara M Barnett, assisting as a surgical nurse at the Yerington Hospital (on right)


My mother, Clara M Barnett, doing her administrative duties at the old hospital. Check out the size of that calculator. Because she performed two functions, my mother always dressed in a nurses uniform until the late 1960's.


Mom, (Clara M. Barnett) having lunch with the staff. Looks like the lunch room and the X-Ray room were one and the same.

Posted on Facebook Oct 6, 2014

Comments

Chere Brown These were actually my mother's pictures, which I acquired when she passed away in 1999.

  • Donna Johnson She was multi talented..she WAS the hospital. Wonder how many babies she delivered.

  • Chere Brown Donna, she was right beside Dr. Mary since 1952 until Dr, Mary retired, as well as Dr. Beams & Dr. Tebbe. In short--A LOT.

  • Meredith Mayeroff We were so lucky to have dedicated professionals such as those in a tiny town like Yerington, weren't we?

  • Chere Brown Yes, we were, Meredith. My mother said Dr. Mary was the best diagnostician she had ever known.

  • Marge Gifford Your Mom always treated me fairly at the hospital. I was a little afraid of her sometimes though. She was always on top of things. She did a great job.........


  • Liz Merrill Mason I have to admit she scared me to death. But then I was 17 and she was my boss. She threw me out of surgery one Wednesday morning ( surgeries were always on WEDNESDAYS) because I hadn't eaten breakfast. She sent me down to the kitchen to have some milk and toast and I had to scrub in again. I never came to work without eating breakfast again. Hehe. She took care of us students.

Linda Howard My mom, Ida Valdez, so respected your mom. They became good friends after they left the hospital. I remember your mom and the high heels she always wore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...